The Horrifying Tale of Tony Costa, the Murderer and Dismemberer of Cape Cod

On a quiet spring day in 1958, several young women began to go missing in Cape Cod. Suspicion quickly fell upon Tony Costa, a man with two personalities–kind and gentle by day, murderous and violent by night. Tony had been luring unsuspecting women into a graveyard under the false promise of drugs and a good time, but as soon as they were within reach, he would murder them before dismembering their bodies. What happened next is a terrifying tale of justice served in the most gruesome way possible.

The Investigation

Investigators soon realized that the disappearances of these young women were all connected to one person–Tony Costa. They soon began to piece together his horrific crimes as well as his whereabouts during each time frame when someone went missing. It soon became evident that this was not an isolated incident; rather it was part of an ongoing cycle for Tony which had been going on for years before he arrived in Cape Cod.

Once enough evidence had been collected to link him to the murders, police obtained a warrant for his arrest and took him into custody. While being interrogated by detectives, Tony quickly confessed to the murders but refused to provide any details about what had happened or why he committed such heinous acts. This lack of information only further enraged investigators who wanted answers from this killer so desperately.

Justice Served

When put on trial for his crimes, there was no doubt that Tony Costa deserved punishment for murdering these innocent women. After deliberating over the case for several days, the jury found him guilty on all counts and sentenced him to life in prison without parole (or the possibility of early release). In addition to this sentence, Tony also received additional punishments for desecrating the gravesite where he lured and killed his victims–he was fined 500 dollars and received an additional 3 years in jail for tampering with evidence at the crime scene (i.e., burying the body parts). A few years later, while still serving out his sentence in prison, Tony Costa passed away from natural causes at age 71–never having revealed why he did what he did or how long it had been going on before arriving in Cape Cod.

The story of Tony Costa serves as a cautionary tale about what can happen when predators are allowed to roam free without consequence or consequence-free justice being served swiftly upon them when caught red-handed committing such heinous acts against innocent people–especially young girls who should have never even crossed paths with such monsters like him in their lives’ paths.. Thankfully due to swift action taken by law enforcement officials investigating this case justice was eventually served after many years of pain felt by victims’ families worldwide due to these horrific crimes against humanity perpetrated by one man who chose darkness over light that fateful spring day back in 1958. We can only hope that similar cases will be handled just as efficiently moving forward so that no one ever needlessly suffers again like those poor women did thanks to cruel monsters like Tony Costa walking amongst us unchecked until it’s too late.

Subscribe to be notified first when a new post drops.

Blog at

%d bloggers like this: